Wild Basin Lodge Food & Liquor
Extraordinary options for any palate
The perfect wedding in Colorado wouldn’t be complete without outstanding, delectable food and beverage selections. Recognizing that freshly prepared cuisine tastes worlds better than reheated alternatives, the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center has an international five-star chef on staff. Working closely with the wedding coordinator on the day of each event, meals are made from scratch and served at the precise time they’re desired. Each dish features carefully selected, organic ingredients reflecting Colorado’s modern contemporary cuisine. Keeping with the Lodge’s philosophy of unique personalization, service styles and menu customizations exist to fit almost any palate, and menus change regularly mirroring current trends. View our menu options below.
GF – Gluten Free, V- Vegetarian, GFP – Gluten Free Possible with advanced notice VP – Vegetarian Possible with advanced notice.
Please note that all menu items are subject to change without notice until contract signing
Appetizers (either passed or stationed)
- Hummus (GF, V) – Two (2) flavors with pita and corn chips (GF)
- Black bean cilantro
- Thai Curry with honey
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Plain Hummus
- Chips with fresh tomato-cilantro salsa – add guacamole for $1.00 per person (GF, V)
- Boursin Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (GFP)
- Vegetarian Spring Rolls – Served with Teriyaki sauce (V)
- Crudité Platter – Served with a Dip (GF, V)
- Bruschetta – Baguette with Tomatoes, Basil & Mozzarella Cheese (V)
- House Marinated Olives from Around the World (GF,V)
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Flour and Corn Chips (GF,V)
- Melon Prosciutto – Seasonal melon served on skewers wrapped in Italian prosciutto (GFP)
- House Smoked Salmon Plate – Served with chopped egg yolk, egg white, capers, diced red onion, herbed cream cheese & crackers (GFP)
- Seasonal Fruit Platter (GF,V)
- Beef Meatballs – House made with a paprika sauce (GFP)
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms (GF)
- Swedish Meatballs – House made Beef and Pork meatballs in a mushroom cream sauce (GFP)
- Lamb Meatballs – House made served with a piquant tomato broth (GFP)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates – Dates wrapped in smoked bacon (GF)
- Fresh Jumbo Shrimp – Served chilled with a zesty cocktail sauce or served hot in lemon-garlic olive oil (GF)
- Lamb Skewers – Grilled Colorado lamb with a Tzatziki (GF)
- Crisp Crab Cakes – Served on roasted corn relish with caper aioli (GFP)
- Seasonal Cheese Platter – A selection of imported, domestic and Colorado cheeses with assorted crackers (GFP,V)
Soup and/or Salad
- Mixed Fresh Baby Greens (GF,V) with cucumber, tomato and carrots, served with a choice of dressing:
- Roasted Champagne Shallot Vinaigrette (GF)
- Citrus Vinaigrette (GF)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (GF)
- Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette (GF)
- Buttermilk Ranch (GF)
- Cold Seasonal Melon Soup (GF, V) – With mint creme fraiche
- Italian Wedding Soup – Traditional chicken broth with cabbage, rice and small meatballs (GFP)
- Baby Arugula Salad (GF, V) – Candied walnuts, cranberries and goat cheese (Add $2.50 per person)
- Caesar Salad with Romaine, Croutons and Parmesan Cheese (GFP, VP) (Add $2.50 per person)
- Roasted Acorn Squash Bisque (GF,V) (Sherry Glass $2.00, Eight Ounce Bowl $4.00 per person)
“The atmosphere and food (especially the food!) were something we will remember always”
- Roasted Chicken Provencal (GF) – Boneless, skinless chicken breast with a tomato, caper, olive, fresh herb and red wine sauce
- Rocky Mountain Trout (GF) – Boneless fillet with lemon-caper beurre blanc
- Cornish Game Hen (GF) - Grilled and deboned over a Colorado goat cheese cream sauce
- Stuffed Chicken Breast (GFP) – Skin on chicken breast with Feta cheese, basil and sun-dried tomatoes on wild mushroom jus
- Wild Basin Steak (GF) – Grilled sirloin steak on caramelized onions and mushrooms
- Wild Basin Pork Ribs – Slow cooked and smoked, then glazed with house made Pale Ale BBQ sauce
- Wild Basin Fried Chicken – Moist, savory chicken fried to perfection in the Wild Basin Lodge’s own special recipe
- Wild Basin Brisket – Hickory smoked, slow braised Beef Brisket with piquant horseradish cream
- Vegetarian Lasagna (V) – Layers of fresh pasta with ricotta, Mozzarella, seasonal vegetables and a Parmesan cheese, baked in a homemade marinara sauce
- Wild Mushroom Risotto (GF,V) – Italian Arborio rice with local wild mushrooms garnished with grilled Portobello mushrooms
- Wild Salmon (GF) – Line caught fresh salmon on baby spinach with a maple glaze
- Striped Bass (GF) – Basil pesto crusted over a grape tomato-basil relish
- New York Strip Steak (GFP) – Grilled on a green peppercorn-brandy sauce
- Buffalo Flank Steak (GFP) – Grilled free range Bison in a rich mountain-berry demi-glaze
- Duck à l’Orange (GF) – Crisp Duck Leg Confit and Duck breast with a Gran Marnier glaze
- Grilled Seasonal Vegetables (GF,V) – Grilled market fresh, organic vegetables drizzled with 12 year old aged Balsamic
- Spinach & Artichoke Ravioli (V) – Simmered in a sun-dried tomato broth with assorted vegetables and Parmigiana
- Colorado Lamb Shank (GFP) – Slow braised with fresh herbs and root vegetables in a Cabernet jus
- Rack of Lamb (GFP) - Roasted French cut with herbs de Provence and Dijon cream
- Buffalo Tenderloin (GFP) – Grilled free range buffalo cooked to perfection with a green Peppercorn-Cognac sauce
- Beef Tenderloin (GFP) – Grilled, crusted with crabmeat, served with asparagus and Béarnaise sauce
- Elk Sirloin (GFP) – Pan-seared and served with a rich Barolo sauce
Post Reception Snack Options
Consistent to this approach throughout every aspect of the Wild Basin Wedding, beverage selections, and how they are served, are as customizable as possible. Recognizing that no two group’s tastes and consumption are alike, the lodge doesn’t mandate packages or require separate fees. The Wild Basin Lodge is proud to accentuate Colorado’s craft brewing, wine-making and distilling industries and offers premier selections from each category. Selections are enhanced regularly, and the Lodge welcomes the opportunity to showcase its offerings on a tour. Non alcoholic beverages are included as part of the Wild Basin Wedding™, and are available throughout the reception. View our liquor menu below.
All couples receive personal consultation in the meal and beverage planning process to select what best suits their desires.
- Taste Of Heaven – Svedka, St Germaine, Pinot Grigio, Ginger Ale. A sweet refreshing drink with a touch of lychee fruit aftertaste.
- Colorado Bulldog – Svedka, Kahlua, Half & Half topped with Coke. A popular twist on a White Russian, with a splash of coke this wonderful beverage ends up having A Root Beer flavor.
- Ultra White Russian – Svedka, Kahlua, RumChata, Half & Half. Another twist on a White Russian with A hint of cinnamon.
- Colorado Sunrise – Milagro Silver, Midori, Orange Juice, Grenadine. A sweet drink with distinct layer of 3 colors and A strong fruity flavor.
- Apple Sour – Sour Apple Liquor, Svedka, Homemade Sour Mix, Grand Marnier This sour yet light and refreshing beverage is an absolute oasis in the middle of summer.
- New Fashioned – Jameson, Muddled Orange, Dash Of Bitters Filled With Ginger Ale. This twist on an old fashioned has A strong orange influence and is slightly sweeter than a traditional old fashioned.
- Gin Old Fashioned – Down Slope Old Tom Gin, Muddled Oranges, filled with Soda Water, and a Dash of Bitters. Another twist on an old fashioned and has Whiskey barrel aged Gin, very refreshing on A warm day.
- Blue Mountain – Bacardi White Rum, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice. This sweet martini has a distinct color of blue and has tropical notes of pineapple and orange.
- The Wild Basin Margarita – Milagro Silver, Grande Mariner, Homemade Sour Mix. This margarita has a unique fresh flavor that comes from fresh squeezed limes, lemons, and oranges used to make this homemade sour mix.
- Frangelico Refresher –Frangelico, Soda Water, Fresh Lime Juice, Lime Garnish. Hazelnut with a refreshing lime juice and soda water to add some fizz to this wonderfully balanced drink.
- Frangelico Mule – Frangelico, Ginger Beer, Orange Garnish. This twist on A Moscow mule has A nice hint of hazelnut.
- Chocolate Martini – Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur, Amarula Cream Liqueur, Goslings Black Seal Rum. A chocolate focused martini is well balanced and ready to take care of your sweet tooth.
- Mind Eraser – Kahlua, Svedka, Club Soda. A drink that if consumed in a layered format will start off with vodka then will change to a coffee flavor and ending with the soda water and can is very refreshing.
- Irish Car Bomb – Guinness, Baileys Irish Cream, Jameson. This beverage comes with A glass of guinness and a shot filled with Jameson and Baileys the shot is then dropped into the glass and is then consumed as fast as you can.
- Boiler Maker – Any Beer, Jameson Shot.
- Bobbing for Apples – Ace Cider, Shot of Fireball Whiskey. This beverage is a great addition to the fall, and has strong cinnamon flavor that complements Ace Hard Cider.
- Jägerbomb – Red Bull, Jägermeister. A classic wake up beverage.
- Caramel Apple – Apple Sour, Butterscotch Schnapps, Red Bull. A cocktail that will appease any sweet tooth.
- Blue Butter Bomb – Blue Moon, Butterscotch Schnapps. A nice wheat beer with an after of Butterscotch.
- Dream Sickle – Amaretto, Orange Juice, Cream. If you like cream sickles this beverage has your name on it.
- Lavender Lemonade Cocktail – Fresh Lemonade Infused With Lavender, Choose Whiskey, Gin, Vodka, or Rum. This spring inspired cocktail has hints of lavender that accompany the fresh lemonade and can go with any Gin, Whiskey, Rum, or Vodka.
- New Belgium Fat Tire ABV 5.2% IBU 22
- New Belgium Snapshot ABV 5% IBU 13
- New Belgium Ranger ABV 6.5% IBU 70
- Odell IPA ABV 7% IBU 60
- Odell 90 Shilling ABV 5.3% IBU 27
- Odell 5 Barrel Pale Ale ABV 5.2% IBU 38
- Breckenridge Agave Wheat ABV 4.2% IBU 19
- Breckenridge Vanilla Porter ABV 5.4 IBU 23
- Left Hand Nitro ABV 6% IBU 25
- Left Hand October Fest AVB 6.6% IBU 24 (Seasonal)
- Left Hand Good Juju AVB 4.5% IBU 20 (Seasonal)
- Great Divide Yeti AVB 9.5% IBU 75
- Dry Dock Apricot Blonde ABV 5.1% IBU 17
- Bitburger Lager Pilsner AVB 4.8% IBU 33
- Köstizitzer Black Lager AVB 4.8% IBU 22
- Guinness ABV 4.3% IBU 40
- Ace Hard Cider ABV 5% IBU N/A
- Omission Pale Ale ABV 5.8% IBU 33
- Bud ABV 5%
- Bud Light ABV 4.2%
- Coors ABV 5%
- Coors Light ABV 4.2%
- Blue Moon ABV 5.4%
- Pinot Grigio
- White Zinfandel
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir