Plan Your Wedding
Estes Park Wedding Venues – Colorado Mountain Weddings at the Wild Basin Lodge
Expect the Exceptional
Aspen groves and willows line the St. Vrain River as it meanders from the majestic peaks of the Colorado Rockies down the glacier-carved valleys of Rocky Mountain National Park. Just outside the boundary of the Park sits the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center, an award winning wedding venue distinguished among Estes Park wedding venues. Cantilevered overlooking the river, the lodge lies directly under Mt. Meeker on approximately 14 acres containing aspen groves, willows and a quarter mile of river frontage.
The lodge features two outdoor ceremony sites and an interior able to accommodate almost any sized wedding. Handcrafted wood and stone craftsmanship creates an air of casual elegance throughout the lodge while modern amenities ensure the comfort of every stay.
Unique in its industry, the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center hosts only weddings, and only one wedding a day, offering the privacy and focus each event deserves. While only a short drive from the world-famous town of Estes Park, Wild Basin Lodge is secluded, offering unparalleled views of the continental divide and quiet privacy.
Recognized as one of the best Colorado destination wedding venues, the lodge utilizes a proprietary in-house planning system to remove stress and simplify the planning process. The lodge spends an average of one year working with couples, customizing every aspect of their special day. This extended and personal relationship has forged many bonds, making past and current couples part of an extended family.
The Wild Basin Wedding™
A breathtaking setting is just the beginning
The majestic setting and “Rocky Mountain elegant” lodge only comprise part of what makes weddings at the Wild Basin Lodge unique. Planning a Colorado destination wedding takes coordination, expertise, and meticulous attention to detail. To simplify the process, the Wild Basin Lodge has crafted a system used by its full time planners and coordinators to alleviate stress and track all the important steps. Every aspect of the event offers a myriad of options to allow couples to fully personalize their wedding. To further reduce stress and provide transparency, the lodge has pioneered an all-inclusive pricing model that rolls all fees, taxes and service charges into one simple price. Personalized service complements this approach to provide lower prices – transforming wedding dreams to wedding realities.
Cuisine and Libations
Extraordinary options for any palate
A romantic wedding in Colorado wouldn’t be complete without outstanding, delectable food and beverage selections. Recognizing that freshly prepared cuisine tastes worlds better than reheated alternatives, the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center has an international five star chef on staff. Working closely with the wedding coordinator on the day of each event, meals are made from scratch and served at the precise time they’re desired. Each dish features carefully selected, organic ingredients reflecting Colorado’s modern contemporary cuisine. Keeping with the Lodge’s philosophy of unique personalization, service styles and menu customizations exist to fit almost any palate, and menus change regularly mirroring current trends.
Consistent to this approach throughout every aspect of the Wild Basin Wedding, beverage selections, and how they are served, are as customizable as possible. Recognizing that no two group’s tastes and consumption are alike, the lodge doesn’t mandate packages or require separate fees. All couples receive personal consultation in the meal planning process to select what best suits their desires. The Wild Basin Lodge is proud to accentuate Colorado’s craft brewing, wine-making and distilling industries and offers premier selections from each category. Selections are enhanced regularly, and the Lodge welcomes the opportunity to showcase its offerings on a tour.
A winter wedding at Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center provides stunning winter mountain views and a cozy lodge feel.
Surrounded by undisturbed snow and rich green pine trees, the lodge’s two outdoor ceremony sites offer dreamlike winter-wonderland settings. Both are within short walking distance from the lodge; cozy indoor ceremony options are available as well. Both reception rooms enjoy views of snow-capped Rocky Mountain peaks and an icy St. Vrain River.
Together, the ceremony sites and the lodge provide the ideal ambiance for a mountain winter wedding.
Different by Design ™
One complete price, including service charge and sales tax, encompasses all of the following:
The Full Experience
- Two hour planning and logistics meeting (decision process for wedding)
- Built in privacy option with only one event a day
- Ceremony site (Meadow or River)
- 5 hour reception (Copeland or St Vrain Room)
- St Vrain dining room included at no charge for events over 80 guests
- Dance floor
- Chairs, tables, and linens (additional tables as needed for DJ, cake, gifts, etc.)
- Dishware, silverware and glassware
- Rehearsal coordination and walkthrough
- Ability to decorate starting at 10am
- Dressing room for 4 hours
- 30 minutes after reception to clean up personal items
- Limited cake and/or flower storage
- May 1st – October 31st adult family and friends minimums:
- Friday and Sunday, minimum of 80
- Saturday, minimum of 110
- Monday – Thursday, minimum of 25
- November 1st – April 30th:º No minimum any day of the week
- No additional charge for holidays
- No mandatory lodging requirement
- Optional upgrade packages that include cake, flowers or DJs from regionally-acclaimed vendors
Award Winning Service and Cuisine
- All of the needed staff: Day of Coordinator, Office and Marketing Team, Captain, Bar Manager and Event Staff
- Five-star Executive International Chef and Kitchen Team
- Rehearsal coordination and walkthrough
- Wild Basin Wedding™ cuisine:
- Two appetizers
- Salad or soup
- Two entrées
- Two starches
- Bread and organic sautéed vegetables
- Selection of food service style: family style, dual-plated or plated
- Private appetizers for couple after ceremony pictures
- An additional snack at the end of the evening for couple, if staying in lodge
- Champagne toast or sparkling cider
- Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
- Water stations located in bar and reception room
- Complimentary cake cutting service
- Optional upgrades that feature Colorado’s acclaimed craft industries via beer, wine or liquor tastings during appetizers
Your Dream Wedding
Wild Basin Lodge offers numerous options to personalize the food and service offerings, most at no additional charge.
Five spacious beautifully-designed rooms, two of which are suites, provide luxury and comfort for event guests. Three standard rooms include a queen bed, private bathrooms, twin sleepers, satellite television with premium programming and wireless high-speed Internet access. Overlooking the St. Vrain River, the large, semi-private balcony offers stunning views and a quiet place to enjoy a moment’s repose. The Queen Suite, ideal for large families, has two bathrooms, a day bed, and a twin sleeper.
Guests of the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center will find something for everyone. The Rocky Mountain National Park sits adjacent to the property and offers unparalleled outdoor recreation. Fishing is but steps away on the St. Vrain River, or at Copeland Lake up the road. Short hikes lead to Calypso Cascades, Ouzel Falls, Bluebird and Thunder Lakes.
Horseback riding is available at the Wild Basin’s stables or one of the many fine stables in the area. These rides will lead you through some of the most spectacular scenery Colorado has to offer.
Winter brings its own activities, as the Wild Basin area of Rocky Mountain National Park has some of the best cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the Rockies. For the extreme adventurer, the falls in the area are popular climbing attractions, and draw many people each year. For the downhill skier, major downhill resorts are only 45 minutes away by car.
Regardless of season, the Wild Basin Lodge & Event Center offers some of the best wildlife viewing in the Rockies. It’s common to see elk, bighorn sheep, deer, bear, bobcat, coyote and many other animals in the vicinity of the lodge. The truly lucky will catch glimpses of moose or mountain lion that infrequently pass through the area.