Photo Courtesy of Karrah Flores Photography
Weddings sometimes seem like they will drain your bank account.
Here are at least 7 ways to save on your wedding without sacrificing elegance.
1. Reuse wedding flowers from the ceremony for the reception centerpieces. Line the aisle with bouquets you can reuse for your table centerpieces.
2. See what decorations your venue has at their disposal. Sometimes venues have a stock of decorations they either lend out free of charge or include for a small rental fee. The Wild Basin Lodge always has a stock of items you can use. Just ask!
3. Have a friend or family member marry you. In the state of Colorado, you do not need a licensed officiate to get married. Make it more personal by having a close friend or family member lead you in your vows.
4. Get married during the week and/or off season. Many venues and vendors offer specials for those who want to get married in the off season or during the weekdays.
5. The best way to save money is to lower the guest count. Though this may seem like the most difficult one to accomplish. Consider an out of state wedding; we book many couples from out of state and they tell us the list shortens itself based on who is able to travel. Step back and really think how often you talk to that friend you just can’t not invite. Will you still be talking to him or her in 2 years? 5 years?
6. Use what your venue has to offer. If your venue includes a coordinator, use them! Save your money and try not to hire an additional coordinator (unless you need someone to do the decorations for you). Many venues include a day of coordinator that will run the ceremony and rehearsal for you. Take advantage of this! Their coordinator is also a professional, trust their judgement.
7. Shop bridal trunk shows! Save on your gown by going to bridal shop trunk shows. You could save 10-20% off designer brands.
At the Basin
Wild Basin Lodge offers an all-inclusive wedding package, priced at one, simple per-person amount. The package includes everything you expect out of a venue, and more… think event coordination, no need to hire a wedding planner! The services are discounted and bundled into a package in one easily understood per-person price, saving you money if you want all the standard services at your wedding. The prices vary based on season and day of the week; there is a price point to meet most budgets this way! Contact us for a tour or to learn more.